The volunteers and staff of AFS Dominican Republic are inviting you from all over the globe for a unique exchange experience to our country. No matter what your original destination was, this is a perfect place for you to explore yourself, learn and develop in a safe and supportive environment while having the true taste of adventure and AFS Spirit.
Who Is Waiting For You?
- An organization with 58 years of experience in organizing high-school exchange programs.
- More than 250 volunteers across the country, all excited about your arrival
- Staff members with 10+ years of experience in participant support.
- A trainer team with 25+ volunteers organizing your arrival, post-arrival, mid-stay and end-of stay orientations.
- A group of 60+ AFS exchange students from all over the world.
- Host families and schools curious about your culture and eager to share with you what true Dominican lifestyle means.
What Is Waiting For You?
- An incredible language to learn – Spanish is spoken in more than 30 countries.
- A charming country with full of sights and places to visit and explore.
- A gastronomy full of flavors and different dishes.
- A unique opportunity to step out of your comfort zone with the potential to grow in a supportive environment.
Did You Know?
- The Dominican Republic has the tallest mountain in the Caribbean, called “El Pico Duarte”.
- With a height of 3,098 meters.
- It is the country where merengue was created and developed, and where more than 4 different dances are danced.
- Perico Ripiao
- Produces one of the best cocoas in the world.
- Becoming one of the main exporters.